Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spoken Word Revolution, Happening Live

"The initial meeting was magic, my vision was real pleased
I met her on the pasta aisle near the macaroni and cheese.
Despite a dose of intimidation, I moved closer
Her glow was so ultra, I was nervous to approach her.
Was kinda out of practice, hadn't done this in awhile
But much to my astonishment, I was greeted with a smile.
I told her my name is K-Rino, she cut me off flat
She said "What's your real name? Your mama didn't name you that."
---"Solitary Confinement", K-Rino

Join us at the Renton Library, 100 Mill Ave S, this Thursday, July 15, at 2 p.m. for a Hip Hop Poetry Revolution. Bring your lyrics, or create some from the air (or from Google, from wherever). Beats, words, raps, and rhymes. Plus popcorn and soda. Come as you are. This is not your English teacher's poetry.

No comments: